Friday, November 7, 2008

HOPE

this is precisely why i haven't made my blog 'known' just yet. it started off as an idea and i made a few posts and then, like many things in my life that i start, i kinda neglected it the past several months. well, i should say that i've neglected POSTING to it, but i haven't forgotten my vision. see, i've been collecting pictures and ideas that will now make their way onto the pages of my blog.
i just wish i could back dates some of these posts so i look more consistent in my efforts.

let me take you back a few months. i was driving with some friends going south on 48th street in Phoenix. windows down, enjoying the arizona weather. we came up to a stop light and suddenly our conversation ceased. not that we stopped talking, but we stopped HEARING each other. someone in a nearby car was BLASTING 'Master of Puppets' by Metallica. for those of you who did not grow up in the 80's go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA
my first smiling thought was 'wow, heavy metal is not dead after all'
but when i turned to look at the audio perpetrator i smiled even more for this is what i saw:



this conservative looking 65+ year old man in his SUV smiling to himself as the windows on his car shook with power chord infused fury.
i have struggled with the concept of getting growing up and have worried that i might, one day, outgrown some of the things i love.
this gives me hope for my future.
~j

No comments: