Tuesday, July 14, 2009

random smatterings of things i've seen lately

bowing to the pressure of millions to update my blog, here are a smattering of things i've run across in my recent travels:

1) i realize we all have to make a living somehow. hats off to this guy and his crude, yet innovative, way of doing just that:

2) you've been to google maps, yeah? well, ever wondered how they got all of those street view pictures? there are hundreds of people in the world driving around in cars like this with these cameras attached to the roof documenting Earth, as we know it. my only regret was that this camera wasn't recording when i discovered it.



3) many churches look alike. what is the surest way to know you are at an LDS church building? is it the steeple, well most churches have a steeple. is it the layout or design? well, even many LDS churches look very different from each other. no, the only way to truly know you are at an LDS building is to look in the parking lot about 3 minutes before services begin:


4) it doesn't come across very well on this site but the bumper sticker on the right reads "Les Claypool for President" - if you know me, you understand why i took a picture of this.



5) it's a cliche picture, i know. but this needed to be documented for my eulogy's sake (taken today 07.14.09)


5) this is me, happy.


2 comments:

Kristin and Guy said...

I love it. And no worries-- you probably update your blog more than I do. :)

Alicia said...

I am pretty excited about discovering your blog again. I like you.